WELCOME TO CENTRAL LIBRARY
The Central Library, which has been established in the year 2000. It is housed in a one new Building located at the eastern side in the main campus. The total area of the Library building is about 520 sq.m. Many knowledge-based services like that of Reference, Bibliography, McGraw Hill access engineering, DELNET, Reprography, CD-ROM Databases, Internet browsing and e-services are provided by the library for its users.
The Acquisitions Section is responsible for the acquisition of all books, monographs documents and gifts for the Libraries. Acquisitions Section supports the Libraries' staff in their efforts to acquire and maintain information resources for education and research at SIET.
Technical section classifies books, assigns call number for books, and prepares shelf list card, catalog cards, data entry sheet, due slip, book card and spines.
The Journal Section places all ongoing orders, including periodical/journal subscriptions, e-journal activities, standing orders, continuation orders, for all physical formats (print, microform), as well as the invoice processing for these orders. The section is responsible for the checking and claiming for all the titles we order, with the exception of journal issues, which are received and processed locally at each library.
Circulation section may be called as a lending section, which deals with issue and return of books. Levying an fine for defaulters and fine collections, reservation of books for issue, issue of borrowers card to other libraries, issue of Inter Library Loan form, issue of Institutional Membership card, etc. are carried out in this section. The remainders for defaulters to return the books are prepared periodically and sent to the department. Also, loss of books is dealt with this section.
There are eight rack rows areas, five engineering stacks, and one periodical back volume stack, and one MBA stack one S& H stack and one Journal stack. Stack area staffs arrange the books in the shelves and identify the books for binding and disposal. The round label, date slip, book pocket, etc are pasted in the stack area whenever they found in loose condition or they found removed. They also provide assistance to the users to locate the books needed by the user in the stack.
|Library Hours||Monday-Saturday 8.30am – 5.30pm|
|Circulation||8.30 am.- 5.30 pm.|
|Digital Knowledge Center||8.30 am.- 5.30 pm.|
- Books will be issued only on production of valid user ID card.
- Books borrowed must be returned on or before the due date.
- Only two renewals can be done at any one time.
- Books will have to be physically presented for renewals.
- Books will be renewed if there are no reservations.
- Users are requested to verify the physical condition of the book/s before borrowing.
- For late return of books, overdue charges will be collected as per rules in force.
- Users are requested to deposit their bags/belongings (other than valuables) at the personal belongings counter
- Users are required to observe silence inside the library.
- Users are required to switch off the lights and fans when not required or while leaving the reading halls.
- Misuse of library facilities is an offence and calls for punishment as decided by the competent authority.
- Users are required to keep the library and the campus neat and tidy.
|S.NO||MEMBER DETAILS||NO.OF CARDS||LOAN PERIOD|
|1||Professors Assistant Professors and Lecturers||6||30 Days|
|2||UG Students||4||14 Days|
|3||PG Students||4||14 Days|
|4||Non-Teaching Staff||3||30 Days|
|Upto 30 Days||Rs.1/- per day per book including intervening holidays|
|From 31st day onwards||Rs.2/- per day per book including intervening holidays|
|Journal Back Volumes||1500|
|UG & PG Project Reports||450|
|E-Journals||Access to more than 10,700+ titles|
DIGITAL KNOWEDGE CENTER
Digital Knowledge Center is for the benefit of its user community. The prime objective of this Digital Knowledge Center is to act as a subject gateway providing access to the information resources of various libraries and information services both internal and external, all in one place, enabling users to search, browse and download any required data needed quickly and easily.
The Digital Knowledge Center accesses the following:
- E-Journals, E- Books
- Elsevier (ECE, EEE, CSE, IT, MECH, S&H)
- J- Gate (Management)
- MCGRAW HILL ACCESS ENGINEERING
Mr. M. Raja
Srinivasa Institute of Engineering and Technology
Chennai – 600 056